SMH Guiding Principles
1. Our nation depends upon healthy, safe schools! 2. School Mold Help encourages you to become part of the solution!
3. We provide the best combined resources and information available.
4. Remember that students, workers, and parents(volunteers) occupy the school environment.
5. We encourage that you form a group to work on this problem!
6. We encourage you to work toward a science-based solution employing the Precautionary Principle that protects both:
a.the health of those already ill (often requires immediate and lasting removal from the environmental triggers)
b. the health of everyone in the school (then, people develop and implement short-term and long-term plans)
MOST IMPORTANT - DO NOT REMAIN IN HARM'S WAY! EVERY DAY COUNTS!
School Mold Help advocates taking responsible actions that contribute to healthy solutions for schools. Each situation is unique - though often, circumstances in moldy schools throughout the nation show a pattern in their causes and in the reaction of districts, teachers, parents and students. The pattern often includes the school district addressing only individual circumstances of teachers, students and parents (only some receive relief), rather than addressing the whole problem. In addition, the occupants are rarely protected from harm's way. The Center for School Mold Help encourage positive educational efforts and group problem-solving, to develop comprehensive policies and action plans that take into consideration the above principles.