View photos of a damp school building and mold growing inside.
Mold requires moisture to grow. A mold exposure in any building, whether commercial, home, or school, usually results from a visible or hidden plumbing or roof leak or moisture source, such as high levels of indoor humidity in a building, bathroom or cooking space. It can also occur from mold growing in a very dirty or poorly maintained heating and/or air conditioning system.
see photos below
Why is school making me sick? http://web.bsu.edu/IEN/archives/1999/122999.htm
"School buildings are very prone to experiencing a variety of indoor environment problems that may result in illness symptoms among teachers, staff, and students. This is due to the fact that school buildings have very high occupant densities and are in many instances poorly maintained. Three major risk factors for school building- related health complaints have been identified.
These include inadequate:
surface dust/inadequate cleaning
All three of these are maintenance issues."
Dr. Godish, Ball State University, Environmental Notebook (emphasis and listing added)
Images of conditions that caused mold in a school building in Washington State, courtesy of the severely disabled, mold-ill teacher, whose room it was. These conditions do not look abnormal to most teachers and parents - the reason is that damp school buildings and the molds they produce are the norm in America. It is time to recognize these problems as dangerous for health, to protect the occupants of our schools. Signs of longterm water damage are signs of conditions that support mold - that is, MOLD, which grows so it may be seen, within 24-48 hours.